Friday, June 12, 2009

Haley Alexis has arrived!

It's only taken me about forever to get this post up!

Haley Alexis arrived on May 26, 2009 at 3:25 pm via c-section. Haley did not "fit", so I had to have a c-section. I pushed for approximately three hours. Casey was the best coach I could have ever asked for. He helped me so much through the entire time. My doc came in and said there was no reason to continue pushing because if she was going to come and she was going to fit through, she would have already been born.

Having a c-section was a lot scarier than I thought it was going to be. Casey had to wait outside the entire time they prepped me and was only brought in right as they started the surgery. He had to sit outside and just wait. He said he was really scared for me and hated that he wasn't in the room with me. I basically cried the entire time, I was absolutely terrified. The surgery went really quick though and Haley was a screaming bloody mess when she came out!

We are doing well at home now, after Haley had to spend a week in the NICU. She has some bleeding in her brain and was having multiple seizures. She is currently being medicated and seen by about a million different doctors. So far she has seen her eye doctor who says she has 20/20 vision so that hasn't been affected at all by the bleeding. Thank God! We'll take it one day at a time and hope that all will be fine in the end. She is a beautiful baby and I am so thankful she is here.

<3

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Casey's birth & good luck with all of your future doctor's appointments. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete